Following are some suggestions by me for every Pakistani to follow and make part of their new year resolutions.
1. Follow the law of countryDo not break the red light in the absence of police warden.
2. Play your part to make a positive differenceDo not just wait for big opportunity, every good deed count. Little drops of water, little grains of sand, make the mighty ocean and the beauteous land.
3. Stop littering - Keep Pakistan CleanOne of the cause of so many diseases are the bad environment and its all starts from litter. Not just stop littering but also pick up litter specially from the parks.
4. Stop smoking at public placesIts okay if you don't care about your life but please do not force other people to take your smoke. Stop smoking at public places like public transport, restaurants, offices etc.
5. Stop wasting electricity, gas and waterOne of the reason we are facing energy crises in Pakistan is waste of energy. Just switch of the extra lights in your room, double check your water tap when leaving the bathroom etc.
6. More use of public transportWhen did you used public transport last time? They are not just cheaper than your private transport but you will help the country the ravages of pollution.
7. Donate bloodThousands of people in Pakistan daily required blood in hospital. We have more than 100,000 tThalassemia in Pakistan who need blood. Donate blood at least once in 6 month so no one can be died due to lack of blood donation.
8. Stop giving bribeBribe is not just "Haram" but its also make the country worst in term of corruption. Remember point 2 above, the little difference make change.
9. Plant a treeSounds funny? But when did you planted a tree last time at public places like part, next to footpath or even outside your house or in the street? It is not just government duty but you are also liable for this.
10. Take good care of minorities living in PakistanIt is not just our duty as good human being but Islam also said us to take good care of non-Muslims living among us. Raise voice for their rights if needed, protest along with them to support their good agenda etc.
11. Let's start from today by sharing this postAware other people about these resolutions to start the journey of new year with these resolution
Do you have a better resolution for Pakistan? Why not share in comment section to contribute in the list.